Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Not Feeling So Good

Well, Ben seems to be a little under the weather this week.  Starting on Monday, he has been very fussy all day, which many of you know is odd for him.  When I put him down or go away from him, he gets VERY upset.  He's also been sleeping a little more than usual.  Yesterday afternoon, he started running a fever, so I've been giving him baby Tylenol and offering him liquid -- breastmilk or water -- often.  The fever seems better today, but he is still pretty fussy.  No other symptoms, though.  I don't see any signs of another tooth (he's broken seven through now), and he's not coughing or sneezing and his diaper content seems normal.  So I guess I'll just keep watching him and giving him extra comfort until whatever this is has passed.

He's become very talkative!  He likes to say "ah-gah!" over and over.  We told Sophie that this is "what he says" now, so it's nice to say it back to him.

He's pretty mobile for someone who can't crawl.  He scoots and rolls, and he can get all around any room this way.  However, those kind of motions don't let him go forward, which is what he really wants sometimes.  John has tried to get him a little further along with crawling, but he doesn't seem close yet.  He never gets on his hands and knees, which Sophie did for probably a month before she actually crawled.  He's very alert, and always watches intently as everyone goes about their business.  I think he'll be very happy when he can crawl and pull himself up on things.  All in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment