Thursday, October 22, 2009

Three weeks old


So, we're pretty sure Ben has smiled at us already! REAL smiles, not just gassy ones (although he has plenty of those, too). He's still sleeping all night after several "hours of power" in the evening, until about 11pm or midnight. And he tends to nap while Sophie does. I'm so lucky.

I still have not mastered the pee fountain. Ben is quite stealthy... he waits until I'm not looking for a second, so I don't even see it. Then I get his diaper all closed up and his clothes snapped up, and then I discover a huge wet spot on them that wasn't there before! John and I are starting to feel like we spend A LOT of time doing diaper-related things: at any given time, either of our kids could probably use a change, and then all the extra work that comes with using cloth. Can't wait 'til they're potty-trained! (Although I'm not looking forward to that messy process, either...)

It's been hard to find things that comfort Ben, other than nursing. John seems to be better at calming him down when it's not time to nurse. He doesn't seem to like music as much as Sophie did. The thing he likes most is being rocked in the rocking chair.

We went on our first outings this week, to the grocery store and to one of Sophie's friends' houses for sidewalk chalk drawing. Ben slept through both!

1 comment:

  1. I see you're swaddling Ben - that worked really well for Sarah as she was always so fidgety! Very calming. (Mary Lou Laskey)

    ReplyDelete