After his first couple of weeks, Ben is adjusting pretty well to life on the outside. He still sleeps ver well, although we're still working out nighttime arrangements for him and me. He goes down in his own bed pretty well sometime between 12am and 1am and wakes up between 3am and 5am to nurse. I just need to figure out the best way to get my own sleep, but also hear him in time to get to him before he wakes up Sophie and John. Last night, my strategy was to just sleep on the adult bed in his room, but I spent lots of time awake because of all the bizarre sounds Ben was making in his sleep! Lots of heavy breathing, grunting, and other crazy sounds I don't even know how to describe. It probably wasn't actually that bad, but I was really tired! Anyway, I think tonight it's time to give our video monitor another try.
We seem to be already establishing the beginnings of a schedule. The long sleeps at night and regular nursing during the day help a lot with that. The biggest variations are in daytime naps, and honestly I still go to bed every night wondering if the honeymoon of decent sleeping patterns is about to come to an abrupt end. We'll see.
Here are some recent pics:

Trying out my sling for the first time -- love it! (Please excuse all my laundry on the floor.)

My dad and his descendants.

This is one of the valuable services my dad provided several times during his visit last week!

Ben in his default position, swaddled in his bouncer. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment